Friday, April 22, 2016

Harmony Of The Lord's Supper




When the hour had come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with Him. Then he said to them, “With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God”.
And while they were eating, the Lord Jesus in the night in which he was betrayed took some bread and given thanks. After a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, saying, “Take, eat it; this is My body, which is given for you; do this in remembrance of me”.
In the same way, when he had taken a cup after supper they had eaten and given thanks, saying “Take, drink this and share it among yourselves. He gave it to them; and they all drank from it. And he said to them, “This cup which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins is the New Covenant in My blood; do this as often as you drink of it, in remembrance of Me. For truly I say to you, I shall never again drink of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom”.
For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s Day until he comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment